Monday, April 19, 2010

Reflection

I managed to learn a lot through projects, assignments and various activities. Initially, I thought I would only learn how to communicate professionally. I think I manage to bring home more than just communicating effectively but also, many other life skills.

The last activity, “role stripping”, made me think a lot. We all have many roles to juggle and have to prioritize what roles to play at each stage of our lives. We are often busy with work and neglect prioritizing our roles and I think this usually leads to a loss in focus in life. It really made me think again what my role is now.

Here’s an undergraduate speaker at a commencement ceremony. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULRosL7AOpk

Despite being considered average, the speaker gave a great speech which I think it is worth learning. Writing this post feels like writing a commencement speech, a last post for ES2007S. But I think it is a beginning of many new beginnings.

A quote from Semisonic’s “Closing Time”, “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” Let us look forward to every ending as it only means that a new beginning, a new challenge awaits for all of us. All the best!

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I remembered you asking me to take this module with you and my reply was, ‘huh? There’s going to be a lot of work!’ I was very skeptical and was reluctant to start writing blogs. However, I guessed you managed to convince me. Subsequently we manage to convince sijie. I am glad that all of us took this module as I believed that everyone of us have learned a life-long and very important skill called communication. I agreed that during the course, we realized that we have learnt more than just communication skills. Glad to have taken this module. Thanks for convincing me to take the module.

    xoxo,
    Student A

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Andy.

    I'm glad that we all have learnt something useful in the end.

    Guess we were all good at persuading people already! Hahaha...

    All the best in our finals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wei Li,

    We have really learned alot from this module, especially how to write a proposal which is something new to most, if not all of us. I agree we have brought home many useful skills. More importantly, we have made new friends.

    Really nice to know you. It was great working with you during the activities in class. See you around in school! Good luck for your examinations =)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andrew!

    Same here too. We'll definitely see each other in school. Good luck for your exams too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey WeiLi & Project Mate,

    It has been awesome doing the 2 projects for this module with you. You have been a serious person when it comes to work.

    I really appreciate you to gamely go to interview our interviewee alone, despite me and SJ having last minute appointment! And the interview was great!

    I agree with you that this module not only taught us the necessary communication skills, but also the heavy lessons for us to ponder about what we want in life. One example is the role stripping activity. Another for me is the resume writing. It really forces me to think what I want to do after I graduate and to participate in the respective activities that will steer me towards my goal.

    It's been a hectic semester for all of us! 2 weeks to holidays! Chill out soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jimmy~

    Great working with you and Si Jie. Yes this module really made us ponder a lot about what we wanna achieve in life.

    Hectic semester, but it will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete